Butterflied Chicken With Goat Cheese and Grapes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 chicken, 1.2 to 1.5 kg [2 1/2 to 3 lb], butterflied*
125 g (4 1/2 oz) unripened goat cheese
15 mL (1 tbsp) thyme leaves
Zest of 1 lemon
500 mL (2 cups) red grapes, in bunches of 4 or 5 grapes
Salt and freshly ground pepper
*Ask your butcher to remove the backbone of the chickenso that you can butterfly it.
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
- In a bowl, mix together the cheese, thyme leaves and lemon zest. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, flatten the chicken.
- Lift the chicken thigh skin and breast skin, and spread the cheese mixture evenly between the meat and skin.
- Place the chicken on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season the entire surface of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, discard excess grease and arrange the grape clusters around the chicken. Return to oven and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 70ºC (160ºF).
- Serve with the grapes and cooking juices.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.