- The SAQ
- SAQ cannabis info
- Financial results at the end of the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014-2015
- Results for the third quarter of 2014-2015
- Results for the second quarter of fiscal 2014-2015
- Financial results for the first quarter of fiscal 2014–2015
- Quebec wine sales up 40%
- Financial results for fiscal 2013-2014
- Financial results for the third quarter of 2013–2014
- Financial results for the second quarter of 2013–2014
- A special place for Quebec wines
- New president and chief executive officer as of January 1, 2014
- The SAQ presents the 2nd edition of Happy November!
- Financial results for the first quarter of 2013–2014
- Financial results for fiscal 2012-2013
Press releases - archives
- SAQ presents CHIHULY at MBAM
- Generous Wines - Results
- Generous Wines
- Change in the chairmanship on May 1, 2013
- Véronique Rivest remporte la 2e place à Tokyo
- Go Véro Tokyo!
- Third edition of the Quebec City wine and spirits expo
- Financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012-2013
- Financial Results for the Second Quarter of 2012-2013
- SAQ's Net Earnings Rise 9.8%
- Financial results for the third quarter of fiscal 2011–2012
- Financial results for the second quarter of fiscal 2011-2012
- Financial results for the first quarter of 2011-2012
- SAQ's net earnings rise 5.5% to reach $914.7 million
- Financial results for the third quarter of 2010-2011
- Doing business with the SAQ
- Shopping at the SAQ
- Contact us
Sales and net earnings rise
Montreal, March 20, 2015 – For the third quarter of its 2014-2015 fiscal year, which ended on January 3, 2015, the SAQ recorded sales of $1.060 billion, an increase of $11.1 million or 1.1% from the preceding fiscal year. For the same 16-week period, it also reported net earnings of $384.8 million, up $4.2 million or 1.1%.
Value sales in the store and specialized centre network grew 1.1% to $951.6 million, compared with the $941.7 million recorded 12 months earlier. For their part, volume sales totalled 51.5 million litres.
In addition, value sales to the wholesale grocer network rose $1.2 million or 1.1% to $108.4 million. The corresponding volume sales totalled 13.6 million litres.
Expressed as a percentage of sales, net expenses since the start of fiscal 2014-2015 were 17.6%, compared with 17.3% in fiscal 2013-2014.
Volume sales by category
- Wines increased 1.5%, ending the quarter at 54.5 million litres.
- Spirits remained stable at 8 million litres.
- Coolers, also known as ready-to-drinks, dropped 6.7% to 1.4 million litres.
- Imported and microbrewery beers, ciders and related products held steady at 1.2 million litres.