A special place for Quebec wines
Montreal, November 29, 2013 – It is with enthusiasm that the Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) is taking part in today’s joint announcement of the Quebec wine merchandising and promotion plan by Quebec premier Pauline Marois. The plan aims to improve the offer of Quebec wines and increase financial support in ways that encourage the sustainable and structured development of this industry.
“We are committed to increasing our efforts so that Quebecers can easily find local wines on the shelves of our stores,” said Sylvain Simard, the SAQ’s Chairman of the Board. “Today, we have the winning combination of quality, quantity, and dynamic merchandising.” As a result, customers will gradually see a larger choice of Quebec certified wines at the SAQ.
“We have raised the quality bar in recent years with the certification of our wines,” said Yvan Quirion, vice-president of the Association des vignerons du Québec, the Quebec winemakers’ association. “Now, with the government’s support for stimulating an even bigger production of quality wines, our industry is entering a new phase. This coordinated assistance from the Quebec government and the SAQ will enable us to ramp up production in order to supply SAQ stores year round and ensure we can meet customer demand.”
- We will gradually increase the selection of Quebec certified wines in our store network.
- We will increase the visibility of Quebec certified wines in our stores by setting aside a specific space for them so that customers can locate them quickly and easily.
- We will increase the selection of Quebec wines and spirits in our stores located near the five main wine routes. This will be clearly indicated for our customers on the stores’ exteriors.
- We will make it easier for customers to find their way around the Quebec wine and spirits section by assigning a taste tag to each product.
- In our stores and on all our communication platforms, we will make customers aware of the awards and medals obtained by Quebec wines and spirits in national and international competitions.
Beyond its store network, the SAQ partners with Quebec winemakers by supporting events that showcase their know-how. Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the winemakers this weekend at the Fête des vins du Québec at Marché Bonsecours, where some 40 of them will gather. They will share their passion with you and guide you in discovering our terrior.
– 30 –
Media Relations Officer
Société des alcools du Québec
514 254-6000, ext. 6854