Chocalán comes from the name of a native yellow flower grown in Valle del Maipo, Chile's most ancient wine-producing region. This 2011 Syrah cuvee is actually blended with some Cabernet Sauvignon (7%), Merlot (5%) and Viognier (3%). Aged 12 months in French and American oak, this could very well be the best deal from Chile at the moment. Its fatty texture is graced with fleshy tannins.
- Country Chile
- Region Valle Central, Valle del Maipo
- Designation of origin Valle del Maipo
- Regulated Designation Denominación de origen (DO)
- Grape varieties Syrah 85 %, Cabernet sauvignon 7 %, Merlot 5 %, Viognier 3 %
- Degree of alcohol 14.4 %
- Sugar content 2.3 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Vina Chocalan SA
- Promoting agent Sélections Le Maitre de Chai Inc
- SAQ code 11530795
- UPC code 07804603661278
- Vintage tasted 2020
- Aromas blackberry, blackcurrant, cooked fruit, eucalyptus, oak, violet
- Serving temperature From 16°C to 18°C
Discover our selection of dishes that will go perfectly with this product.
Sirloin steak with briePreparation 10 minCooking time 40 min
MoussakaPreparation 20 minCooking time 1 h
Roast beef with old cheddar, porto and caramelized onionsPreparation 15 minCooking time 45 min
Employee’s top pick
Discover why our employees like this product. At least one employee from our stores selected this product as a favourite.
Should many employees choose it as a favourite, then it becomes tagged as a “Top pick of the teams”.