Mas Janeil Le Petit Pas 2017
In the mid-1990s, Jacques and François Lurton fell for the charm of a property in Southern France and decided to rent it. Located on a geologic fault, the estate is blessed with a wide variety of soils and is planted with old vines of Grenache. François Lurton, now solo at the head of the business, purchased the property in 2008 and built a wine cellar. Petit Pas is made from Grenache and Carignan, produced using carbonic maceration (a technique mostly used in Beaujolais) to obtain a tender wine with exuberant fruit. The result is quite convincing. This is a supple and fresh red revealing accents of violet, red fruits, spices and sandalwood.
- Country France
- Region Languedoc-Roussillon
- Designation of origin Côtes du Roussillon
- Regulated Designation (AOC/AOP) Appellation origine controlée/protégée
- Grape varieties Syrah 40 %, Grenache 30 %, Carignan 20 %, Mourvèdre 10 %
- Degree of alcohol 13.5 %
- Sugar content 2.5 g/L
- Color Red
- Size 750 ml
- Producer Jacques et François Lurton
- Promoting agent Société de Vins Fins Ltée.
- SAQ code 12561198
- UPC code 00635335378908