Grilled chorizo, roasted pepper and olive bites
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g (1/2 lb) Spanish chorizo sausage
- 24 black olives, pitted (or your favourite olives)
- Preheat the barbecue to 290°C (550°F) or maximum heat.
- Coat the peppers with olive oil.
- Grill uncovered for 5 to 6 minutes, turning over on all sides, until the skin blackens and blisters.
- Remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes in a plastic freezer bag.
- Turn the barbecue heat down to 180°C (350°F) or medium heat.
- Remove the skin, stalk and seeds from the peppers.
- Cut the peppers into strips.
- In a bowl, mix together the pepper strips, olive oil, garlic, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stir and set aside.
- Wrap the chorizo in aluminum foil.
- Grill, covered, for about 10 minutes, turning over once halfway through the cooking.
- Let cool for 2 to 3 minutes to prevent from getting burned.
- Unwrap the chorizo and cut it into 5 mm (1/4 in.) slices.
- Grill the slices for 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Top each slice of chorizo with pepper strips and one olive, and pierce with a toothpick.
- Serve with an aperitif.