Smoked Ham With Apple and Pear
- 2 Cortland apples, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 Bartlett pears, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 16 thin slices of Speck* (smoked raw ham)
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Cut the slices of ham in half, lengthwise.
- Roll each wedge of apple and pear in one slice of ham.
- Place the roll-ups on a serving platter and drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with freshly ground pepper.
Speck is an Italian smoked raw ham that can be found in specialty grocery stores. You can replace it with prosciutto, Parma ham, bresaola or dry-cured ham.