Broth for Chinese fondue
- 560 ml (2 1/4 cups) beef consommé
1 packet of onion soup mix
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) water
250 ml (1 cup) red wine
3 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half and degermed
1 bay leaf
15 ml (1 tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
A few drops of Tabasco sauce
160 ml (2/3 cup) chili sauce
- In a saucepan, mix together all the ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the broth into the fondue pot and place over the source of heat.
- If there is excess broth, reserve it and add it to the pot if needed during the meal.
- This is an excellent broth for red meats, including game.
- You may also use it to cook mushrooms, cauliflower or broccoli.