Brie with maple syrup, apples and walnuts
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 5 ml (1 tsp) brown sugar
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) walnuts, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 1 round brie cheese, 250 g (1/2 lb)
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) maple syrup
- Baguette croutons, lightly toasted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Add the brown sugar and caramelize the apple.
- In a bowl, mix together the caramelized apple, cranberries and walnuts. Season with pepper.
- Place the brie in an ovenproof dish, add the mixture obtained from the previous step, and top with maple syrup. Cover.
- Cook in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese becomes soft.
- Serve with the croutons.