- 16 scallops, size 10-20
- 32 shrimps, size 21-25, peeled and deveined
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pastis
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground fennel seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped tarragon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) smoked paprika
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Soak the wood skewers in water for one hour so they don't burn during cooking.
- Pour all of the marinade ingredients into a zip-lock bag and add the scallops and shrimps.
- Shake well to coat.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
- Thread 2 scallops and 4 shrimps onto each skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the brochettes on the barbecue over medium heat, or in a skillet with a bit of oil, 2 to 3 minutes per side.