Beef Kefta brochettes
- 454 g (1 lb) medium ground beef
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cumin
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground allspice
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) finely chopped parsley
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) salt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) parsley leaves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cilantro leaves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) basil leaves
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pitted green olives
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) sherry vinegar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the kefta ingredients, cover and let stand in the refrigerator for one hour or overnight.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts and form each into a sausage shape.
- Insert a skewer through the centre of the meat and squeeze it around the skewer.
- Cook the brochettes for about 5 minutes per side over medium heat.
To cook in a skillet:
- Lightly flatten the meat.
- Heat a bit of oil over medium heat and cook 5 minutes per side.
- In a food processor or with a knife, finely chop the herbs and olives.
- Add the oil, vinegar and mustard.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.