Salmon curry with coconut milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sesame oil
- 1 French shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1 cm (3/8 in.) dice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) red curry paste
- 400 ml (1 2/3 cups) coconut milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fish sauce
- 750 g (1 1/2 lb) fresh salmon, skinless, cut into 2 to 3 cm (1 in.) cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) fresh basil, thinly sliced
- In a skillet, heat the oils over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and bell pepper.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic and curry paste.
- Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce.
- Bring to a boil and let boil for 2 minutes.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cook the salmon in the simmering sauce for about 4 minutes, turning them over occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice and garnish with basil.