Sautéed-Vegetable Frittata With Coureur des Bois Ham and Bacon
- 2 slices cooked Quebec ham, about 2.5-cm (1-in) thick, cubed
- 12 slices of Quebec bacon
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Coureur des Bois maple-flavoured cream liqueur
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) diced red pepper
- 250 ml (1 cup) diced zucchini
- 500 ml (2 cups) fresh spinach leaves
- 6 eggs
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
- 250 ml (1 cup) grated cheddar cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a skillet over high heat, sauté the cubes of ham, 3 minutes, in a bit of olive oil. Season, add the liqueur, mix and let reduce a few minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet, sauté the diced pepper and zucchini in a bit of olive oil. Add the spinach. Season and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and baking powder. Add the vegetables, cheese, parsley and sautéed cubes of ham. Adjust the seasoning, as needed.
- In a large skillet with a bit of olive oil, cook the egg mixture over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Serve with the frittata.