500 ml (2 cups)
- 300 g (10 oz) canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 120 ml (8 tbsp) extra-virgin olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tahini
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, bitter centre removed and chopped
- 12 ml (3/4 tbsp) ground cumin
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve the juice. Rinse in cold water.
- In the container of a food processor, place the chickpeas and add 100 ml (7 tbsp) of the juice from the canned chickpeas.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse. Add a bit of the juice if needed. °Caution: the hummus shall not be too liquid.)
- Blend at maximum strength for 15 to 30 seconds, depending on desired texture.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place the hummus in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with a trickle of olive oil and garnish with paprika and a few black olives.
- Serve with raw vegetables and pita chips.