Kale and tuna pasta
- 250 g (9 oz) short pasta, like rigatoni
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) diced butternut squash
- 7.5 ml (1 1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 bunch kale, finely chopped
- Hot pepper chopped up, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 L (4 cups) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 x 540 ml (19 oz) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 x 170 g (6 oz) cans tuna packed in oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients, except the tuna and lemon juice. Bring to boil.
- Lower the heat and let simmer until the pasta are cooked, stirring often.
- Add the tuna and lemon juice. Stir and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- Let rest 5 minutes, covered, before serving.