Penne alla gigi garnished with arugula
- 450 g (1 lb) penne
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pint, 227 g (7 1/2 oz), sliced mushrooms
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% or 15% cooking cream
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) tomato paste
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) baby arugula
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on package.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat the oil on medium-high heat and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and prosciutto.
- Deglaze with the white wine and bring to a boil. Let reduce by half.
- Add the cream and tomato paste.
- Season generously and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and parsley, and let simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta, coating well. Garnish with the arugula before serving.