Salmon à la plancha
- 2 cedar planks to cook the fish on the barbecue
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh dill, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fresh chives, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- Immerse the planks in lukewarm water for 1 hour or more.
- In a bowl, mix together the parsley, dill, coriander, chives and the lemon zest and juice.
- Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Cut a few notches on the skin side of the fillets.
- Coat each fillet with the herb mix, pressing well to make the herbs penetrate the fillet.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat.
- Place the salmon fillets on the planks. Oil lightly.
- Place the planks on the barbecue grill.
- On the side, have a water bottle with a vaporizer to spray the planks during the cooking.
- Close the barbecue lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve the salmon with lemon halves and a salad or a green vegetable sautéed in butter.