- 6 eggs, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cooked ham, finely diced
- 3 to 4 potatoes, cooked, thinly sliced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil and butter.
- Lightly brown the onion.
- Add the garlic, ham and potatoes. Stir.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook a few minutes on low heat.
- Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until firm.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Before placing in the oven, sprinkle the tortilla with cheese.