Blinis with smoked salmon
15 to 20 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
180 ml (3/4 cup) whole wheat flour
1 pinch of salt
10 ml (2 tsp.) yeast (preferable) or baking powder
125 ml (1/2 cup) lukewarm milk
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) sugar
15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
1 whole egg
1 egg white
250 to 300 g (8 to 10 oz.) smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder, if using this ingredient instead of the yeast.
- Pour the milk into another bowl.
- Add the sugar and yeast (if using); let yeast bloom.
- Add to the flour mixture.
- Add the oil and whole egg; mix together well.
- Beat the egg white until stiff, then add it to the mixture. Set aside.
- Lightly oil a skillet and heat to medium-high heat.
- Pour 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of the mixture into the skillet to make small pancakes (blinis).
- Brown each side. Set aside.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Garnish the blinis with sour cream.
- Add a rolled strip of smoked salmon and garnish with a few capers before serving.
Use real yeast if possible. Your blinis will be tastier with a more interesting texture.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.