Shrimp brochettes with lime butter
A tray for a festive soiree
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
24 to 30 medium-sized shrimps, raw and shelled
10 ml (2 tsp.) coriander seeds, ground
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, minced
10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh mint, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) butter
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and zest a lemon over top.
- Squeeze the lime over the shrimp.
- Add half of the coriander seeds, parsley and mint.
- Season and mix well. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the zest and the juice from the second lime, and the remaining coriander seeds, parsley and mint.
- Do not bring to a boil.
- Skewer the shrimp and place on a cooking plate covered with parchment paper.
- Brush the shrimp with the flavoured butter from Step 3.
- Cook the skewers for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the skewers on a tray.
You can make the skewers with 1, 2 or 3 shrimp. For an extra touch of colour, add a few pieces of red onion.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.