Rack of Quebec lamb with chimichurri sauce
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) fresh parsley
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh oregano
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh mint
1 small Jalapeño pepper, cut in half and seeds removed
1 small Vidalia or yellow onion, cut in quarters
2 large garlic cloves, cut in half
30 ml (2 tbsp.) red wine vinegar
5 ml (1 tsp.) Dijon mustard
45 ml (3 tbsp.) extra-virgin olive oil
2 racks of Quebec lamb, 1 kg (2 lb.) each (about 8 ribs)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a food processor, chop the herbs, Jalapeño, onion and garlic.
- Add the remaining sauce ingredients and purée until smooth.
- In a very hot frying pan, place the racks in a bit of olive oil and season, and sear on all sides.
- Transfer the racks to a baking plate, drizzle with a quarter of the sauce and cook in the centre of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes under a sheet of aluminum foil (to retain the juices) before cutting between the ribs.
- Serve with the chimichurri sauce and your favourite roasted vegetables.
You can vary the amount of Jalapeño pepper to make the sauce more or less spicy to suit your taste.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.