Back spareribs with dark beer and honey
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1.5 kg (3 lb.) pork back spareribs
1 can of dark beer, 341 ml
1 onion, cut into 4
2 celery stalks, cut into pieces
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 bay leaves
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) dried thyme
5 ml (1 tsp.) black pepper, crushed
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
125 ml (1/2 cup) dark beer
80 ml (1/3 cup) honey
60 ml (1/4 cup) barbecue sauce
45 ml (3 tbsp.) tomato paste
5 ml (1 tsp.) hot pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, place the first 9 ingredients. Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 50 minutes or until the meat starts to come off the bone.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to maximum heat.
- Drain the spareribs well and place in a large dish.
- Brush the spareribs with some sauce.
- Grill the spareribs for 12 to 15 minutes, making sure to brush them regularly with the remaining sauce.
- Turn the meat over to brown evenly.
- Cut spareribs between the bones. Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.