Deep-fried white fish fillet
8 to 10 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 white fish fillets (tilapia, pangasius, haddock, cod, plaice), about 150 to 180 g (5 to 6 oz.) each
Salt and ground black pepper
Herbs for fish
Multi-purpose flour or corn starch
Batter (see recipe below)
500 ml (2 cups) flour
2 ml (1/2 tsp.) baking powder
One pinch of salt
1 bottle of beer, 341 ml (12 oz.), of your choice
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oil to 190°C (375°F).
- Dry the fish fillets (cut them in half, if needed, for deep frying) and season.
- Flour each fillet (or coat with corn starch).
- Coat with batter (see recipe below) and drop gently into the hot oil.
- Fry until fillets are nicely browned.
- Let drain for a few seconds on paper towels.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, tartar sauce, a green salad or coleslaw.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the beer and the beaten egg.
- Stir well until the mixture is even.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.