Rosemary osso buco with tagliatelle
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
4 slices, 2.5 cm (1 in.) thick, veal shank
1 red onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 celery stalks, diced
2 carrots, diced
250 ml (1 cup) beef stock
500 ml (2 cups) diced tomatoes
1 bay leaf
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped, or 5 ml (1 tsp.) dried rosemary
Salt and ground black pepper
180 g (6 oz.) tagliatelle
15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon zest
45 ml (3 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
- In a saucepan, heat the oil on high heat and melt the butter.
- Brown the shank slices. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, sauté the onion, garlic, celery and carrots.
- Put the meat back in the saucepan.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and herbs. Season.
- Simmer on low heat or in the oven at 160°C (325°F) for approximately 2 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to instructions on package.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the gremolata ingredients.
- Serve the osso buco with the pasta and garnish with gremolata.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.