Grilled chicken and crispy pancetta panini with spicy mayonnaise and sun-dried tomatoes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 green onion
125 ml (1/2 cup) packed parsley
180 ml (3/4 cup) mayonnaise
10 ml (2 tsp.) Espelette pepper powder
Ground black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 thin slices of pancetta
4 panini buns
4 slices of Monterey Jack cheese
500 ml (2 cups) baby spinach
- In a food processor, chop the sun-dried tomatoes, onion and parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise and pepper powder and mix well.
- Season with pepper and set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise and season well with the ingredients of your choice.
- Place the meat on the hot barbecue and reduce heat to medium.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
- Just before the chicken is ready, place the pancetta slices on the barbecue for a few seconds only so they become crispy and reduce heat to low.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on the buns.
- Garnish each one with 2 chicken breast halves, crispy pancetta, a slice of cheese and spinach.
- Close the buns and place on the barbecue.
- Grill for a few moments, applying pressure with a spatula.
- Serve with seasonal vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.