Papillotes with cod, potatoes and lemon herb butter
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 new potatoes, cut into 5 mm (1/4 in.) slices
250 ml (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
125 ml (1/2 cup) chives, finely chopped
1 French shallot, thinly sliced
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon, grated
45 ml (3 tbsp.) lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 cod fillets, cut from the middle part of the fish
4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Cook the potatoes in salted boiling water.
- Remove from the heat halfway through cooking, while they are still slightly hard.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, using a fork, mix the butter with the herbs (except the thyme), the lemon zest and juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well until creamy and the lemon juice is completely incorporated.
- Set aside at room temperature.
- Preheat the barbecue or the oven to 230 °C (450 °F).
- Cut 4 sheets, 30 x 20 cm (12 x 8 in.), of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Lightly oil the potato slices and place in the centre of each sheet.
- Top with a fillet.
- Garnish generously with lemon butter and one sprig of thyme.
- Fold the papillotes and seal well to keep the heat inside.
- Place the papillotes on the grill (or in the oven on a baking sheet).
- Close the barbecue lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.