Pan-fried shrimp with anise
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
Approximately 1 kg (2 lb.) jumbo-sized shrimps, peeled and deveined
80 ml (1/3 cup) red pepper, finely diced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fennel seeds, crushed
Salt and freshly ground pepper
45 ml (3 tbsp.) anise liqueur
80 ml (1/3 cup) parsley leaves
- In a large frying pan, heat half of the oil over high heat.
- Sauté half of the shrimp (20) at a time for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned.
- Turn them over halfway through.
- Add half of the red pepper and fennel seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside in a bowl. Repeat with the second batch of 20.
- Put the shrimp back in the pan, deglaze with the anise liqueur and flambé.
- Remove from heat, add the parsley leaves and serve immediately.
Served warm on an appetizer spoon or toothpick.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.