Chicken with fennel and tarragon
1 h 30
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
500 ml (2 cups) fennel, thinly sliced
1 onion, thinly sliced
750 ml (3 cups) baby potatoes, cut into quarters, or potatoes, peeled and sliced 1 cm (1/2 in.) thick
250 ml (1 cup) water
1 whole chicken, approximately 1.25 kg (2 1/2 lb.)
45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh tarragon, chopped + 3 stems
Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In an oven-safe casserole, mix the fennel, onion and potatoes.
- Add the cup of water.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and add the chopped tarragon.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Place the tarragon stems inside the chicken.
- Lift the skin up from the breasts and brush the meat with the melted butter.
- Fold the skin back down and brush all of the chicken with the rest of the tarragon butter.
- Cook covered in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove the cover and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with vegetables.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.