BBQ chicken wings
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1.5 kg (3 lb.) chicken wings (about 12)
250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar
250 ml (1 cup) ketchup
60 ml (4 tbsp.) distilled white vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Worcestershire sauce
5 ml (1 tsp.) onion powder
10 ml (2 tsp.) garlic powder
10 ml (2 tsp.) dried oregano
5 ml (1 tsp.) sambal oelek or 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
30 ml (2 tbsp.) mild paprika
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the tip of the wings.
- Cut the wings in half at the joint.
- In a cooking pot, place the chicken wings and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken wings and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, ketchup, distilled white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, sambal oelek or cayenne pepper, mild paprika, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Once the chicken wings have cooled, marinate for 12 hours in the refrigerator, using about 1/3 of the mix.
- Keep the rest of the mix for the cooking.
- Preheat the barbecue, turning on one side only to maximum heat.
- Place the marinated chicken wings in a roasting pan.
- Brush the wings generously with about half the sauce.
- Cook the wings on the side with no flames and close the barbecue lid.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, turn the roasting pan halfway.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken wings and brush with the rest of the sauce.
- Place the roasting pan over the flames and close the lid.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip the wings and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the wings from the roasting pan and grill lightly on the barbecue grill.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.