30 to 35 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
125 ml (1/2 cup) dried boletes (or your favourite dried mushrooms)
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
2 French shallots, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
250 ml (1 cup) Arborio rice
125 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
60 ml (1/4 cup) Parmesan, freshly grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
125 ml (1/2 cup) all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
30 ml (2 tbsp.) milk
500 ml (2 cups) bread crumbs, sifted
- In a bowl, rehydrate the boletes by submerging them in boiling water.
- Soak for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Drain and squeeze well.
- Chop finely and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Brown the shallots and chopped boletes for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the rice and coat with oil.
- Moisten with white wine and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Once the rice has absorbed all of the wine, add 1/4 of the chicken broth.
- Cook slowly for 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the broth gradually as the rice absorbs the liquid.
- Reduce the heat for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- When the rice is soft and has absorbed all the liquid (just before it starts sticking to the bottom of the pot), remove from the heat.
- Add the Parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet and set aside in the refrigerator for at least TEMPS?.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 190°C (375°F).
- Make small rice balls.
- In a shallow plate, mix together the milk and eggs.
- In two other plates, place the flour and bread crumbs separately.
- Bread the arancini in three steps: first flour them, then dip in the egg wash, and finally coat with bread crumbs.
- Sift the bread crumbs.
- Repeat the previous step with the egg wash and bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry the arancini for about 2 minutes, until nicely browned.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Spear each arancini with a toothpick.
- Serve hot with spicy tomato sauce.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.