Avocado with nordic shrimp
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
300 g (10 oz.) Matane shrimp
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 celery stalk, diced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, finely chopped
60 ml (4 tbsp.) mayonnaise
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) curry powder
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ripe avocados
Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Squeeze the shrimp to extract as much water as possible.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl.
- Add the red bell pepper, celery, chives, mayonnaise, curry powder, salt and pepper. Stir gently.
- Refrigerate the preparation for 1 hour so the flavours combine well.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- With a spoon, remove the avocado flesh and cut into 1.5 cm (3/4 in.) dice. Set the peels aside.
- In a bowl, place the diced avocados and sprinkle with lemon juice. Season. Stir gently.
- Add half of the shrimp mix and stir.
- Stuff the avocado peels with the avocado and shrimp mix and garnish with the rest of the shrimp.
- Serve chilled as an appetizer.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.