Flank steak à la bordelaise
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
45 ml (3 tbsp.) canola oil
180 ml (3/4 cup) red wine
15 ml (1 tbsp.) balsamic vinegar
15 ml (1 tbsp.) old-fashioned mustard
1 shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 steaks (sirloin), approx. 150 g (5 oz.) each
250 ml (1 cup) demi-glace sauce, homemade or store-bought
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Coat steaks in the marinade.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the BBQ to medium-high.
- Remove meat from the marinade and drain any excess. Reserve marinade.
- Pour the excess marinade into a saucepan.
- Heat over high heat for at least 5 minutes so it boils.
- Reduce the liquid by half and add the demi-glace sauce. Season to taste.
- Place steaks on hot BBQ grill, turning once.
- Salt the meat once the steak has been seared.
- Serve the steaks with the sauce from Step 5, along with fries.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.