Flank steak marinated in beer
12 to 15 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
250 ml (1 cup) beer (preferably dark)
4 French shallots, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
30 ml (2 tbsp.) tamarind or lemon grass, finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh ginger, chopped
30 ml (2 tbsp.) soy sauce
30 ml (2 tbsp.) maple syrup
30 ml (2 tbsp.) brown sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
600 g (1 1/3 lb) flank steak, cut into 4 equal parts
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- In a saucepan, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Place the beef in a large dish and top with the marinade.
- Marinate for 4 to 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat the barbecue to medium-high heat, clean and lightly oil the grill.
- Remove the meat from the marinade.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Grill the meat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, simmer the marinade for 5 to 6 minutes and strain.
- Top the steaks lightly with sauce and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Pour the rest of the sauce into a sauce boat.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.