Flank steak with shallots
10 to 12 minutes for rare to medium-rare meat
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
675 to 700 g (22 to 23 oz.) flank steak, divided into 4 equal portions
125 ml (1/2 cup) red wine
2 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and ground black pepper
45 ml (3 tbsp.) butter
15 ml (1 tbsp.) oil
15 ml (1 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
180 ml (3/4 cup) French shallots, minced
60 ml (1/4 cup) parsley, chopped
- In a dish, marinate the flank steak in red wine; add the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet.
- Drain the meat and brush it with mustard.
- Brown meat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Set aside, keeping it hot.
- Remove the fat from the skillet.
- Add a knob of butter; sweat the shallots without browning them.
- Add the marinade and simmer for a few minutes to reduce it.
- Place the meat on each of four plates, top with the marinade sauce and garnish with parsley.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.