Flank steak and red pepper confit
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
15 ml (1 tbsp.) butter
80 ml (1/3 cup) onion, finely chopped
625 ml (2 1/2 cup) red peppers, cut into strips
60 ml (1/4 cup) des wine
15 ml (1 tbsp.) cider vinegar
80 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
30ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
2 beef flanks, 300 g (10 1/2 oz.) each, approximately
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
10 ml (2 tsp.) butter
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Melt butter in a pot over medium heat and fry onion and red pepper until tender.
- Deglaze with wine and vinegar.
- Add sugar. Season to taste.
- Simmer, allowing liquid to evaporate almost completely, then add basil.
- Place meat in a bowl and coat with mustard on all sides.
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat in a large pan.
- Sear meat on all sides, then place in a baking dish.
- Add salt and peper, then bake in oven for 6-7 minutes, or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Serve with hot or warm red peppers.
The red pepper confit will keep in the refrigerator for several days. It also delicious with chicken.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.