Bocadillos (omelette sandwich)
5 to 7 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
4 loaves of panini bread
1 garlic clove, peeled, cut in half and degermed
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
8 leaves of fresh basil, chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
150 g (5 oz.) serrano ham or prosciutto, thinly sliced
150 g (5 oz.) Manchego, shaved
1 grilled red bell pepper, cut into strips
- Preheat the panini grill to maximum heat, 200°C (400°F).
- With a bread knife, cut the loaves of bread in half horizontally.
- Place the paninis on the lower part of the grill, cut side facing down.
- Without closing the upper part, lightly toast the cut side of the bread.
- Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Turn down the heat to 150°C (300°F).
- Rub the inside of the paninis with one half of the garlic clove.
- Add a dash of olive oil.
- Place the tomato slices on the lower half of each panini. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with basil, green onion, ham, cheese and grilled pepper.
- Close the bocadillos.
- Toast for about 5 minutes, pressing lightly at the beginning of the cooking.
- When the bread is nicely browned and the cheese is melted, serve with a salad.
You don’t have a panini grill? Not a problem! Use a ridged cast-iron grill pan and on the sandwich, place a pie dish weighted by something heavy (a large can, for example). Flip halfway through the cooking.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.