Barbecued beef with dry marinade
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
10 ml (2 tsp.) ground fennel seeds
10 ml (2 tsp.) freshly ground black pepper
5 ml (1 tsp.) garlic powder
5 ml (1 tsp.) celery salt
15 ml (1 tbsp.) dry mustard
2 flank steaks, each approximately 300 g (10 1/2 oz.)
30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
1 shallot, chopped
180 ml (3/4 cup) beef broth
1 star anise
- Place the first 5 ingredients in a dish.
- Mix and then rub all sides of the meat with the mixture.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, sweat the shallot in 5 ml (1 tsp.) of the oil.
- Pour in the beef broth and add the star anise. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat barbecue to high.
- Brush the remaining oil on the meat and place on the hot barbecue.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- When you flip the meat over, brush the steaks with the beef broth mixture.
- Brush again several times until meat is done, after 8 minutes or as desired.
- Slice the steaks in half and serve with seasonal vegetables.
If you don’t have a mortar, crush the seeds with the bottom of a heavy saucepan.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.