Beef with carrots and thyme
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
Flour, as needed
675 g (1 1/2 lb.) beef cubes of about 3,5 cm (1.5 in.)
80 ml (1/3 cup) thick bacon slices, cut in strips
10 ml (2 tbsp.) garlic flower
16 pickling onions
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
250 ml (1 cup) red wine
750 ml (3 cups) beef stock
500 ml (2 cups) carrot slices, 2,5 cm (1 in.) thick
16 small new potatoes, washed
1 bay leaf
30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh thyme
Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Coat beef cubes with flour.
- In a saucepan, cook bacon with garlic flower and onions over medium heat.
- Cook until onions are lightly caramelised. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add oil and sear beef cubes. Season.
- Deglaze with wine and moisten with stock.
- Bring to a boil, add carrots, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme and the food set aside.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, until beef cubes are tender.
- Rectify the seasoning and serve.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.