Bocconcini and guacamole bites
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) basil pesto
24 balls of bocconcini cheese, drained
Salt and freshly ground pepper
6 slices of walnut bread
125 ml (1/2 cup) guacamole
12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
24 small basil leaves
- In a vacuum-tight container, mix the oil, pesto and bocconcini.
- Season, cover and let marinate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Stir a few times in between.
- Cut each slice of bread in 4 and spread guacamole on each piece.
- Lightly drain the bocconcini.
- Pierce a ball, half a tomato and a basil leaf with a toothpick and place on a slice of bread.
- Repeat with the remaining toothpicks.
- Season and serve on a tray.
If time permits, let the cheese marinate overnight so the flavour of the pesto becomes more pronounced.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.