Duck canapés with homemade ketchup and Oka cheese
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
250 ml (1 cup) diced tomato, drained
1 shallot, chopped
60 ml ( 1/4 cup) celery, finely chopped
60 ml (1/4 cup) yellow pepper, in small cubes
10 ml (2 tsp.) marinating spices
30 ml (2 tbsp.) sugar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) cider vinegar
2 duck magret breasts
24 thin slices bread, 1 cm ( 1/3 in.) thick
24 small pieces Oka cheese
- Chop tomatoes using a knife.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a pot and cook over medium-low heat 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven 180°C (350°F).
- Make a few small incisions in the duck fat without cutting the meat (this will accelerate the cooking process).
- Sear the duck, starting with the fatty side, in an oven-safe dish.
- Season and continue cooking in oven 10-12 minutes fatty side up.
- Let breasts sit 10 minutes before slicing each into 12 portions.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and place one piece of meet on each.
- Put 5 ml (1 tsp.) of tomato mixture on each bite-size serving nd top with a piece of cheese.
- Heat in oven 1 to 2 minutes. Cheese should soften, but it should not brown.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.