Duck confit and fig bites
4 servings or 24 bites
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
180 ml (3/4 cup) red wine
45 ml (3 tbsp.) blackberry jelly
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
8 dried figs
3 confit duck drumsticks
4 small tortillas
- In a pot, bring the wine to a boil with the blackberry jelly and thyme, then season.
- Reduce heat and poach the figs for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and extra fat from the duck drumsticks.
- Cut the meat into small bites.
- Strain figs (setting aside the red wine reduction), and cut into three round slices.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tortillas into strips 2 cm (3/4 in.) wide.
- Place a slice of fig on each strip of tortilla, then cover with a piece of duck.
- Roll in the tortilla and secure with a toothpick.
- Place the bites on the baking sheet and cook in over for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with red wine reduction as a dip.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.