Cheese and shrimp-stuffed cherry tomatoes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
24 cherry tomatoes
48 small shrimps, cooked and shelled
Juice and zest of 1 lime
250 ml (1 cup) cream cheese, softened
60 ml (1/4 cup) light sour cream
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped fresh chives
30 ml (2 tbsp.) chopped cilantro
- Using a sharp knife, cut the top (stem-end) quarter off each tomato.
- Then cut a very thin slice off the bottom so the tomato will stand without rolling over.
- Using a small spoon or melon baller, scoop the pulp out of tomatoes. Discard the pulp.
- Drain the tomatoes upside down on paper towels. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place half the shrimp and the lime juice and zest.
- Process to a coarse paste.
- Add the cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Process until well blended.
- Add the herbs and pulse briefly to combine.
- Using a spoon or pastry bag, stuff each tomato with the cheese mixture.
- Place on a serving plate or platter.
- Garnish with whole shrimp and fresh herb sprigs. Serve.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.