Baked Brie with bacon and sundried tomatoes
15 to 20 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
1 whole wheel of Brie (600 g or 2 small 450-g wheels)
8 slices bacon, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup (packed) arugula, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, roasted
2 tbsp. oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Place cheese on baking sheet or oven-safe pan lined with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In another pan, cook bacon until it becomes crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and pat with paper towel. Sieve bacon fat from the pan and set 1 tablespoon aside.
- In the same pan, warm reserved bacon fat (for a healthier option, use 1 tablespoon of sundried tomato oil instead of bacon fat). Add bacon and remove from heat.
- Add dried cranberries, arugula, pine nuts, and sundried tomatoes. Mix well.
- Spread mixture over cheese and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with basil and serve with bread or crackers.
Tip: This warm mix of crispy bacon, dried cranberries, arugula, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, and basil is also perfect in a salad.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.