Marinated lamb brochettes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
675 g (1 1/2 lb.) cubed Quebec lamb, for brochettes
12 cherry tomatoes
1 red onion, cubed
8 barbecue skewers
22 ml (1 1/2 tbsp.) fresh oregano, finely chopped
Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine
80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Assemble the brochettes, alternating the meat cubes with the tomatoes and onions.
- Place brochettes in a large dish.
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over the brochettes, turning to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the barbecue to high.
- When the barbecue grill is very hot, remove the brochettes from the marinade, drain and place on the grill.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for about 8 minutes or to desired doneness, turning several times during cooking.
- Serve atop rice flavoured with herbes de Provence, and accompanied by seasonal vegetables.
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in lukewarm water for 20 to 30 minutes beforehand to prevent them from burning on the barbecue.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.