Beef brochettes with yogourt and herb sauce
9 to 10 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
675 g (1 1/2 lb.) beef cubes approximately 3 cm (1 1/4 in.) each
2 red onions, cut into large pieces
60 ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
80 ml (1/3 cup) red wine
10 ml (2 tsp.) garlic, minced
10 ml (2 tsp.) mustard seeds, well crushed
Ground black pepper
Bamboo or metal skewers
1 red pepper, cut into cubes
1 green zucchini, cut into pieces
375 ml (1 1/2 cup) plain yogurt
15 ml (1 tbsp.) honey
5 ml (1 tsp.) Dijon mustard
60 ml (1/4 cup) parsley, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) oregano, chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh mint, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients and marinate in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix the sauce ingredients. Add pepper. Refrigerate.
- Drain the meat to remove any excess marinade.
- Preheat barbecue to maximum heat.
- Prepare the brochettes by alternating beef cubes with red pepper and zucchini.
- Place the brochettes and the onion on the hot barbecue.
- Reduce heat to medium and grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Serve the skewers with the yogurt and herb sauce, and the grilled onion.
If you opt for bamboo skewers, soak them in warm water 15 minutes before using them.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.