Beef tenderloin and chorizo brochettes with plum and coriander
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
10 ml (2 tsp.) vegetable oil
1 French shallot, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
10 ml (2 tsp.) coriander seeds, ground
160 ml (2/3 cup) red wine
250 ml (1 cup) plum sauce
500 g (1 lb.) large beef tenderloin cubes
200 g (7 oz.) chorizo, cut into 1 cm (1/2 in.) slices
1 small red onion, cut into cubes
1 small red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sauté the shallot, garlic and coriander for 1 minute.
- Add the wine and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the plum sauce, mix well and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the brochettes by alternating beef, chorizo, onion and bell pepper.
- Place the brochettes on a large plate.
- Brush with a bit of the sauce from the first step and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue to high heat.
- Place the brochettes on the hot barbecue and reduce heat to medium. Grill for 7 to 8 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Turn and brush the brochettes with the sauce several times while cooking.
- Serve immediately.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.