Brochettes of filet mignon, tomatoes and halloumi
15 minutes + 12 hours refrigeration
8 to 10 minutes
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
2 garlic cloves, minced
125 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
10 ml (2 tsp.) freshly crushed black pepper (mignonette)
15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh rosemary, chopped
8 ml (1 1/2 tsp.) fresh thyme, chopped
8 small Italian tomatoes or 8 big cherry tomatoes
500 g (1 lb.) filet mignon, cut into 3.5 cm (1 1/2 in.) cubes
8 pieces of halloumi cheese, 3-4 cm (1 1/2 in.) long and 1.5 cm (3/4 in.) thick
- Beforehand, soak the wooden skewers in cold water for about 30 minutes.
- In a non-corrosive dish, mix together all the marinade ingredients. Set aside.
- Onto each skewer, successively thread one tomato, one beef cube, one piece of cheese, one beef cube, and finish with one tomato.
- Place the skewers in the marinade and coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 12 hours, turning the skewers over repeatedly.
- Preheat the barbecue to maximum heat, 290°C (550°F).
- Remove the skewers from the marinade and lightly pat them dry with paper towel.
- Grill, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes on each side for rare doneness.
- Serve with a salad.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.