Cinnamon-honey fruit skewers
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
½ pineapple, pared and cubed
2 mangoes, pared and cubed
1 454-g (16-oz) container strawberries, halved
4 kiwi, peeled and cut into 8 cubes
125 mL (1/2 cup) honey
125 mL (1/2 cup) orange juice
10 mL (2 tsp) ground cinnamon
60 mL (1/4 cup) butter
60 mL (1/4 cup) Premixxx Volcano cinnamon liqueur
16 fresh bay leaves, for flavouring only
Vanilla yogourt, optional
- Preheat the broiler.
- Thread the fruit onto 8 wooden skewers, including two bay leaves, if desired, per skewer.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- In a small saucepan, bring the honey, orange juice, cinnamon, butter and Premixxx Volcano to a boil.
- Let boil for about 5 minutes or until the consistency of syrup.
- Brush the fruit skewers with half the syrup.
- Broil skewers for 5 minutes, flip them and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush with remaining syrup.
- Serve with vanilla yogourt, if desired.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.