Chicken skewers with tequila and lime
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
Zest and juice of 1 large lime
45 ml (3 tbsp.) oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) dried chili pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves, minced
5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
Freshly ground black pepper
60 ml (1/4 cup) tequila
4 chicken breasts, skin removed, cut into 3 to 4 cm (1 1/2 in.) cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into 3 to 4 cm (1 1/2 in.) square pieces
60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh coriander, chopped
- In a bowl, mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Add the chicken cubes.
- Stir well, cover and marinate for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
- Assemble the skewers, alternating chicken and red bell pepper.
- Grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Cut the limes into 2.
- Grill lightly, flesh side down.
- Sprinkle the skewers with coriander.
- Serve on a bed of rice with half a grilled lime.
- You may serve with an avocado and tomato salad.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.