Bison burgers with blue cheese
Please create an account and sign in to add recipes to your favourites.
125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
30 ml (2 tbsp.) HP sauce
1 garlic clove, minced
15 ml (1 tbsp.) chives, thinly sliced
600 g (1 1/4 lb.) extra-lean ground bison
30 ml (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
10 ml (2 tsp.) dried tarragon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 slices of blue cheese, about 1 cm (3/8 in.) each
1 onion, peeled and cut into rings
30 ml (2 tbsp.) all-purpose flour
30 ml (2 tbsp.) vegetable oil
4 portobello mushroom caps, about the same size as the patties (remove the black part)
30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
4 sesame buns
A few leaves of frisée lettuce
1 tomato, sliced
- In a bowl, mix together all the sauce ingredients, Stir and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all the patty ingredients.
- Stir well.
- Shape 4 thin patties with half of the meat.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in the centre of each patty. Shape 4 patties with the rest of the meat and place one on each of the first four.
- Seal well.
- Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to 190°C (550°F) or to maximum heat.
- Flour the onion rings.
- In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Fry the onion rings until nicely browned.
- Set aside.
- Cover and grill the patties for 6 to 7 minutes on each side for well-done.
- Brush the portobello caps with olive oil.
- About 3 minutes after turning the patties over, place the mushrooms on the grill.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Shortly before the end of the cooking, grill the buns lightly.
- Spread some sauce on the inside of the buns. Place the lettuce leaves and slices of tomato on the lower part of the buns.
- Add in order the patties, mushrooms and fried onions.
- Close the buns.
- Serve with homemade fries.
*SAQ.com reduced prices and SAQ Inspire points do not apply at SAQ Dépôt outlets, unless stated otherwise.